Tuesday, July 22, 2008

one hundred days

The wedding countdown I saved on google, which I often forget/do not care enough to check, and only looked at today because we were talking to very-soon-to-be-married people, says one hundred days exactly. Which means in like forty-five minutes, this wedding will be in the double digits, i.e. 99 days away.

Ninety. Nine. DAYS. Not weeks. DAAAAAAAAAYS.


This is very frightening and very exciting at the same time.

I texted my family and members of my bridal party with this alarming fact and my sister replied "oh, then i guess i stop eating" and I was almost going to agree before I looked in my oven and dammit if I wasn't making a meatloaf. I kind of resent this milestone coming at me when I am suddenly finding it fun to make things for dinner, since I am hoping for Getting Married to equal Looking Skinny In Pictures which is, in my mind, equal with Not Eating Those Oatmeal Cookies You Made With Like Three Cups of Sugar.

But this is good. This will put a fire under my ass that I said was there in May...and January...and October. I can also start the Regimine of Moisturization and Exfoliation and Hair Care that will make me look like a very smooth and shiny version of myself.

Isn't it great that we get to share this crazy time together?

And also...let's try a post a day from now on, yeah? Even if it's stupid. It'll encourage me to at least think about weddings.


Oh, and Katie? I AM TOTALLY MAKING A PAPER CHAIN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting......
"And also...let's try a post a day from now on, yeah? Even if it's stupid. It'll encourage me to at least think about weddings."

Butthead.