Saturday, December 1, 2007

RING!



So, ignore the puffiness of my hand and the chipped nail polish. Any closer and my camera got blurry.
I don't know if you can see it in the pictures, but it's not a complete circle around the center diamond, it's two arms sort of hugging it. There are six little diamonds, three on each arm, those are from my mom's wedding band. It was designed by Greg and made overseas and is white gold, one carat total weight (most of which is the tiny diamonds...I'm not really a 'big diamond' girl). It's got a very art deco feel to it and is very very shiny. It also sits almost completely flat on my finger, which is PERFECT, because I haven't scratched myself or chipped the diamond.

It is perfect.

Also, although it embarrasses Mr. Fiance to have me say so, he made it all symbolic. Each of the little arms is one of us and between us is something bigger, something special. He says it much more poetically so maybe he'll go into it later but yes. Come see me in person and ask to see it!

2 comments:

Paul Pape said...

That sure is a nice looking ring! The image is still a little blurry, so I will have to track you down and look at it. Have you tried setting your camera to macro and taking a picture? It will be a little button with a flower on it. It will let you take close up pictures more clearly. I only ask 'cuz I want to show my folks what the actual ring looks like.

I like the symbolism. I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff.

Anonymous said...

*gasp*
it's so lovely! And so unusual and person and... perfect. Just perfect.